WHOA! Please read before nominating a mule for this sale.
Diamonds in the Desert wants to assure you and your mule are a great fit for our sale as well as our sale is a great fit for you and your mule.
Consignor's Terms and Conditions
1. Consignment/Catalog Fees are $300/mule ~ fee includes your mules’ stall May 6 – 8. Starting May 9, buyers take over stall fees. Consignment Fees are nonrefundable once mule is accepted.
2. Commission Fees are 8% of sale price or $500 whichever is greater.
3. No Sale/Pass Out Fees are $500
4. Returned mule fee is 8% of sale price from seller.
5. Nominations Open January 1st & Close January 31st – Anyone can nominate their mule in hopes to sell at Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale. Submission of nomination and fees does not guarantee selection. All criteria must be met prior to your mule being nominated. More than 1 mule may be nominated. Nominations will be accepted January 1 ~ January 31 only, no exceptions. Quality over Quantity!
6. “Top” scoring 50 mules will sell at Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale. The Committee will be using the consignment rubric to score each and every mule. The better you & your mule score, the better of a chance you have to get a spot in the sale. All consignors will be notified by email no later than February 15 whether or not their mules are accepted. At that time, an MM Auctions Services representative will contact you for consignment payment by credit card only or by emailing an invoice to be paid online within 5 business days. If consignment fees are not paid with 5 days of contact, MM Auctions will offer your spot to the next consignor in line.
- Follow Precisely ~ the higher you & your mule score, the better your chances are. There are 8 scoring areas: Consignor Status, Age, Ownership, Photos, Description, Conformation,Disposition, and Performance/Riding Ability. +3 “Superior” is what you should shoot for in each area. We will accept a variety of performances and these will be taken into consideration when scoring. Riding and Driving Teams of mules accepted only.
- Consignment attachments include:
- professional photos (still & action)
- video (3-5 minutes, nonprofessional for now, URL, if YouTube, can be hidden from the public)
- copy of registration (scanned), copy of change of ownership inspection (B form – purchase form – change of ownership – lifetime – proof of purchase date provided by brand inspector – name on registration papers, bill of sale)
- Photos ~ You have a better chance of selling at sale if your photos are professional. We cannot market your animal without great photos and videos. Help us help you! Please make sure they are at least 1200 x 628 in size and the mule is not cropped in the photo too much. Photos that are too cropped do not look good when we use them for marketing especially in videos. Find a happy medium.
- Our job is to ensure you and your mule are a good fit for our sale as well as our sale is a good fit for you and your mule.
8. Registration Papers ~ When your mule makes the Top 50, original Registration Papers need to be mailed to the office asap. Transfer papers must be signed and accompany the registration papers in order to call the mule registered.
Mail original registration papers and signed transfers to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
150 RD 5N
Powell, WY 82435
9. Non-accepted Nominations ~ Mules that don’t make the top 50 will receive an email as well no later than February 15.
10. Optional ~ Consignor may want to add value to their consignment by assuring the mule has been properly immunized. Consignor can enroll their mule in Zoetis ISG Program, complete Zoetis affidavit, & provide it to the sale office upon check-in. This ensures new buyers they will be free from vet bills if their new mule does happen to get sick. Participating mules will be advertised and noticed at the sale.
11. Stall Fees ~ Stalls are included in consignment fees.
12. Hotel Accommodations ~ Bryce Canyon Inn is our host hotel. Look for accommodations on the website under Bryce Canyon Buyers tab – Accommodations.
13. Preview ~ Consignor agrees to have mule(s) in all events including but not limited to: vet check & sifting process, meet & greet, preview, trail course, and sale. Vet check & sifting process along with the auction will run in lot # order but the live demonstration and trail course will not.
14. Vet Check and Sifting Process Includes:
- Sound of limb – visible unsoundness, structural problems or unsoundness affecting future soundness, including but not limited to ringbone – not to be construed for a pre-purchase exam
- Sound in eyes
- Sound in wind (no cribber or wind sucker)
- Dental abnormalities (missing tooth, parrot mouth)
- (Round Pen Work) Catch, bridle, saddle, and pickup all 4-feet
- (Arena) Ride off with tight cinch, no problem, and lope away
- Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
- 25% of sale mules will be random/draw drug tested during vet check day for anti-inflammatory and tranquilizer drugs. Drug screen – any mule showing the effects of drugs or medications will be automatically sifted from the sale.
- Consignor understands that if their mule doesn’t pass all stages of Diamonds in the Desert Mule Sale’s vet check & sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! No further testing will be done! Bring Your BEST!
- Consignor understands that taking preliminary precautions may be the only way to save them getting sifted in the vet check process. (i.e. ~ pre-vet check, x-rays).
- Transport: (Coming to the Diamonds in the Desert Sale):
- All mules must have a coggins test current within six months of sale date.
- All mules coming from a brand state & out of Garfield County must have a Brand Inspection.
- All out of state mules must have current Health Papers to enter sale premises.
15. Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales in the yards before or after the auction. All mules brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. Any mules “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
16. Auction Fees & Commission: The consignment/catalog fee per mule is $300. This fee will be non-refundable once mule is consigned February 15. An 8% commission or a minimum of $500 will be charged on all mules sold. There will be a no-sale fee on mules of $500 in addition to the catalogue fee. If a mule is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $500 in addition to the catalogue fee. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will be charged 8%, same as if sold. Colby Gines will check these animals out and make the final determination whether there were any misrepresentations. All mules will be charged a $10 brand inspection fee by state law when sold. Consignor will also be charged $20 for a new halter and lead rope to be given to the new owner at the time of sale as well as $50 for the vet check. These charges will be deducted from your consignment’s gross sale.
17. Consignor’s Guarantee:
- The buyer is the responsible party to examine mules carefully before they bid. All mules consigned have passed our veterinary inspection prior to the sale. All mules are sold sound that at the time of inspection the mule was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made at the time of sale from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. Unless otherwise stated, all mules will be sold sound until Monday following the sale by noon. Shall any soundness disputes arise; Colby Gines will be the sole deciding judge. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale and not announced, the sale of said mule shall be null and void and the consignor still pays 8% commission. If the Sales Management determines the mule, not to have the alleged defect the sale of said mule is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. In settling disputes, the decision by Colby Gines is final. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by any vet following the sale. Buyers are to ride and visit the mule before the sale giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want x-rays, they need to get them done before the sale at their own expense. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer and Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale to include but not limited to the following:
- Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
- Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
- Not a cribber or wind sucker
- By Consignment to Diamonds of the Desert Premier Mule Sale, Consignor grants the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions and agrees to all terms and conditions.
- Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale does NOT allow substitutions or replacements once a mule has been consigned and entered online.
- Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned mule. To withdraw your original consigned mule from Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release and submit injury/sick video to waive the no sale/no show fee & retrieve registration papers.
18. Warranty: Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will need to be inspected by Colby Gines. Colby will make the final determination whether there was misrepresentation. There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or Sale Company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The seller is the responsible party for all representations or warranties expressed or implied concerning the condition of any mule and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing. Consignors will not refund money because of human/animal personality conflicts. However, consignors are usually willing to trade mules with buyers. Once again, buyers need to do their homework well in advance of the sale to find the sale animal that best fits them.
19. Consignor’s Checks: All consignors’ checks will be written and mailed within 10 days of sale date and made payable to owner listed on brand inspection.
20. Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Utah. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale Committee, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. Original Papers must be provided by the seller to MM Auction Services, LLC in order for any mule to be sold as a registered mule. In further consideration of this consignment, I agree to indemnify and defend MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this mule sale in Tropic, Utah. I verify that all photos submitted to Diamonds in the Desert Premier Mule Sale, MM Auction Services LLC, have full permission to be used for advertising and are free and clear from all photography copyright laws. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said property to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares themselves owner or legal agent and authorizes the sale thereof at public auction for his/her account according to its usual custom and represents the consignment is clear of all encumbrances unless listed above and may be legally sold. I verify that I have read the above information in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.
Please Call ~
Codi Gines 307-272-5039
Colby Gines 307-272-5367