Consignment Information & Requirements:
- a. Consignment period begins July 1 with consignments being accepted on first come, first serve basis and through a selection process. Colby & Codi Gines of MM Auction Services, LLC with be carefully reviewing all horses wanting to consign to our sale.
- b. Potential consignors need to call Colby Gines @ (307) 272-5367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the consignment process. For new consignors, we will need your phone number, email address and mailing address.
- c. A video and pictures along with registration papers must be provided for the selection process to make sure the horse is a good fit for our sale as well as our sale is a good fit for your horse(s).
- d. Once your horse is accepted, you will be given a username and password to login and consign your horse(s). All information including at least one photo of professional quality is required for consignment. Pictures are worth a thousand words! The better your photos are, the more interest you will have.
- e. You will be required to pay consignment fees ($200/horse) at the time of consigning with a credit card.
Deadline for consignment entries are October 1st or when sale is full at 70 head.
- f. Original Registration Papers must be guaranteed. Transfer papers must be signed and accompany the registration papers in order to call the horse(s) registered.
- g. As soon as a horse is consigned to Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale, original registration papers need to be mailed to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
150 RD 5N
Powell, WY 82435
- f. Consignor agrees to provide the auction (at check-in) with a guaranteed sound vet exam within 30 days of sale date that at that time of inspection the horse was sound of limb, wind, and eye. This certificate is provided by consignor’s vet with guarantee between buyer and seller ONLY.
- g. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer and Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale to include but not limited to the following:
Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
Not a cribber or wind sucker
- h. By Consignment to Diamonds of the Desert Performance Horse Sale, Consignor grants the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions.
- i. Consignments; All horse information, high-resolution photos, and consignment fees must be paid and registered online to be entered in the sale.
- j. Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale does not allow substitutions or replacements once a horse has been consigned and entered online.
- k. Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned horse. To withdraw your original consigned horse from Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release to waive the no sale/no show fee and retrieve registration papers.
Transport: (Coming to the Diamonds in the Desert Sale):
- All horses must have a negative coggins test current within six months of sale date.
- All horses coming from a brand state & out of Clark County must have a Brand Inspection.
- All out of state horses must have current Health Papers to enter sale premises.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales with before or after the auction. Management feels this is unfair to the consignors and buyers who have traveled to attend the sale. All horses brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to sell annually.
2. Auction Fees & Commission: The catalog fee per horse is $200. This fee will be non-refundable once horse(s) is consigned online. An 8% commission or a minimum of $250 will be charged on all horses sold. There will be a no-sale fee on horses of $250 in addition to the catalogue fee. If a horse is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $250 in addition to the catalogue fee. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will be charged 8%, same as if sold. Colby Gines and/or his agent will check these animals out and make the final determination whether there were any misrepresentations. All horses will be charged a brand inspection fee by state law when sold.
3. Consignor’s Guarantee:
The buyer is the responsible party to examine horses carefully before they bid. All horses consigned have passed a veterinary exam prior to the sale consisting of a flex test – sound in the limb, wind, and eyes. All horses are sold sound and with a vet certificate within 30 days, that at the time of inspection the horse was sound unless other announcements are made at the time of sale from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. Unless otherwise stated, all horses will be sold sound until Saturday following the sale by noon. Shall any soundness disputes arise, Colby Gines and/or his agent will be the sole deciding judge. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale and not announced, the sale of said horse shall be null and void and the consignor still pays commission plus a no sale fee. If the horse is determined by the Sales Management, not to have the alleged defect the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. In settling disputes, the decision by Colby Gines is final. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by your vet following the sale. We highly recommend the buyer going to ride and visit the horse giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. Buyers, make sure you do your homework and shop the horses extensively. Ask questions about disposition, manners, attitudes, faults, riding ability comparisons, etc. Take advantage of the previews and pre-inspect horses prior to purchasing. Once you bid on a horse, you are indicating you have done your homework enough to satisfy yourself and no one else is responsible. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer and Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale to include but not limited to the following:
- Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
- Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
- Not a cribber or wind sucker
4. Warranty: Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will need to be inspected by Colby Gines and/or Colby’s agent. Colby will make the final determination whether there was misrepresentation. There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or sale company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The seller is the responsible party for all representations or warranties, expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing.
5. Consignor’s Checks: All consignor’s checks will be mailed out within 24 hours of sale date. The checks will be made out to the owner listed on the brand inspection per law NOT the agent.
6. Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Nevada. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale Committee, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Diamonds in the Desert Performance. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. Original Papers must be provided by the seller to MM Auction Services, LLC in order for any horse to be sold as a registered horse. In further consideration of this consignment, I agree to indemnify and defend MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this horse sale in Las Vegas, Nevada. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said property to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares themselves owner or legal agent and authorizes the sale thereof at public auction for his/her account according to its usual custom and represents the consignment is clear of all encumbrances unless listed above and may be legally sold. By purchasing a horse at Diamonds in the Desert Performance Horse Sale, I verify that I have read the above information and hereby agree to be bound by them.
For ALL other auction information, please contact Colby Gines 307-272-5367 (consignment) or Codi Gines 307-272-5039 (paperwork or payment info).