NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
WHOA! Please read before nominating a horse for this sale.
Diamonds in the Desert wants to assure you and your horse are a great fit for our sale as well as our sale is a great fit for you and your horse.
Consignor's Terms and Conditions
1. Consignment/Catalog Fees are $400/horse ~ fee includes your horses’ stall December 9 – 11. Starting Dec. 12, buyers take over stall fees. Consignment Fees are nonrefundable once horse is accepted.
2. Commission Fees are 8% of sale price or $500 whichever is greater.
3. No Sale/Pass Out Fees are $500
4. Returned horse fee is 8% of sale price from seller.
5. Nominations Open July 1st & Close July 31st
Anyone can nominate their horse in hopes to sell at Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale. Submission of nomination and fees does not guarantee selection. All criteria must be met prior to your horse being nominated. More than 1 horse may be nominated. Nominations will be accepted July 1 ~ July 31 only, no exceptions. Quality over Quantity!
6. “Top” scoring 75 horses will sell at Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale. The Committee will be using the consignment rubric to score each and every horse. The better you & your horse score, the better of a chance you have to get a spot in the sale. All consignors will be notified by email no later than August 15 whether or not their horses are accepted.
- Follow Precisely ~ the higher you & your horse score, the better your chances are to sell at sale. There are 8 scoring areas: Consignor Status, Pedigree, Age, Ownership, Photos, Description, Conformation/Disposition, and Performance/Riding Ability. +3 “Superior” is what you should shoot for in each area. We will accept a variety of performances and these will be taken into consideration when scoring.
- Consignment attachments to include:
- professional photos (still & action), at least 2 still photos
- video (YouTube only, 3-5 minutes, nonprofessional for now, will not be shown to the public). Show riding and performance ability as well as gentleness and temperament.
- copy of registration (scanned)
- copy of change of ownership inspection (B form – purchase form – change of ownership – lifetime – proof of purchase date provided by brand inspector)
- Do past consignors have a better chance? Yes slightly! They gave us a chance the first year so we pay it forward. Thank you!
- Nonprofessional photos will not be accepted as well as not following directions, not answering emails, and not being honest.
- Photos ~ MUST be taken from a professional. Please make sure they are at least 1200 x 628 in size and the horse is not cropped in the photo too much. Photos that are too cropped do not look good when we use them for marketing. Find a happy medium.
- Our job is to ensure you and your horse is a good fit for our sale as well as our sale is a good fit for you and your horse.
8. Registration Papers ~ Original Registration Papers must be mailed to the office. Transfer papers must be signed and accompany the registration papers in order to call the horse registered. These papers must be sent the same day as nominations are made.
Mail original registration papers and signed transfers to:
MM Auction Services, LLC
150 RD 5N
Powell, WY 82435
9. Non-accepted Nominations ~ Horses that don’t make the top 75 will receive a refund issued back to the credit card used. Registration papers and transfers will be mailed back, signed receipt, no later than September 1st.
10. Optional ~ Consignor may want to add value to their consignment by assuring the horse has been properly immunized. Consignor can enroll their horse in Zoetis ISG Program, complete Zoetis affidavit, & provide it to the sale office upon check-in. This ensures new buyers they will be free from vet bills if their new horse does happen to get sick. Participating horses will be advertised and noticed at the sale.
11. Stall Fees ~ Stalls are included in consignment fees this year. Yay!
12. Hotel Reservations ~ Each Consignor is required to have 1 room reservation made at the Plaza Hotel from December 9-12 (minimum 4 nights). Use Consignor Code MM19D to book your room. This code gives you 10% off but must be made no later than November 1. Rooms are $35/night minus 10% plus resort fees and taxes. A reservation/consignor list will be cross-examined by the hotel 30 days prior to sale date. A full deposit will be required at the time of booking and the room is non-refundable. Here is a link to book the room as well: https://www.plazahotelcasino.com/reservations/?promoId=MM19D
13. Preview ~ Consignor agrees to have horse(s) in all events including but not limited to: vet check & sifting process, meet & greet, preview, and sale. Vet check & sifting process along with the auction will run in lot # order but the live preview will not.
14. Vet Check & Sifting Process Includes:
- Sound of limb – visible unsoundness, structural problems or unsoundness affecting future soundness, flex test, not to be construed for a pre-purchase exam
- Sound in eyes
- Sound in wind (no cribber or wind sucker)
- Dental abnormalities (missing tooth, parrot mouth)
- (Round Pen Work) Catch, bridle, saddle, and pickup all 4-feet easily
- (Arena) Ride off with tight cinch, no problem, and lope away
- Minor abrasions, cuts, or sores may be sifted unless it is likely to heal normally without veterinarian treatment and cause no long-term threat.
- 25% of sale horses will be random/draw drug tested during vet check day for anti-inflammatory and tranquilizer drugs. Drug Screen – any horse showing the effects of drugs or medications will be automatically sifted from the sale.
- Consignor understands that if their horse doesn’t pass all stages of Diamonds in the Desert Horse Sale’s vet check & sifting process, they will be pulled from the sale and consignment fee is forfeited. If we decide they’re out, they are OUT! No further testing will be done! Bring your BEST!
- Consignor understands that taking preliminary precautions may be the only way to save them getting sifted in the vet check process. (i.e. ~ pre-vet check, x-rays).
15. Transport: (Coming to the Diamonds in the Desert Sale):
- All horses must have a coggins test current within six months of sale date.
- All horses coming from a brand state & out of Clark County must have a Brand Inspection.
- All out of state horses must have current Health Papers to enter sale premises.
16. Private Sales: Absolutely no private sales in the yards before or after the auction. All horses brought to the sale must be consigned and go through our auction ring. Any horses “no sold” in the ring but sold outside are expected to report it to the office. We will leave it up to the integrity of the seller to make sure this happens so the seller will be welcome back to the sale.
17. Auction Fees and Commission: The consignment/catalog fee per horse is $400. This fee will be non-refundable once horse is consigned August 15. An 8% commission or a minimum of $500 will be charged on all horses sold. There will be a no-sale fee on horses of $500 in addition to the catalogue fee. If a horse is pulled from the sale (scratched) there will be a no-sale fee of $500 in addition to the catalogue fee. Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will be charged 8%, same as if sold. Colby Gines will check these animals out and make the final determination whether there were any misrepresentations. All horses will be charged a $10 brand inspection fee by state law when sold. Consignor will also be charged $20 for a new halter and lead rope to be given to the new owner at the time of sale as well as $50 for the vet check. These charges will be deducted from your consignment’s gross sale.
18. Consignor’s Guarantee:
- The buyer is the responsible party to examine horses carefully before they bid. All horses consigned have passed our veterinary inspection prior to the sale. All horses are sold sound that at the time of inspection the horse was sound of limb, wind, and eye unless other announcements are made at the time of sale from the auction block. This soundness guarantee is between buyer and seller only and does not include any other persons. Unless otherwise stated, all horses will be sold sound until Saturday following the sale by noon. Shall any soundness disputes arise; Colby Gines will be the sole deciding judge. In the event it is determined that the defect was present at the time of sale and not announced, the sale of said horse shall be null and void and the consignor still pays 8% commission. If the Sales Management determines the horse, not to have the alleged defect the sale of said horse is valid and enforceable and purchaser assumes all costs of examination, treatment, and sale purchase price. In settling disputes, the decision by Colby Gines is final. Soundness does not guarantee pass of a check by any vet following the sale. Buyers are to ride and visit the horse before the sale giving them confidence they need to bid come sale day. If they want x-rays, they need to get them done before the sale at their own expense. The consignor of each animal represents and warrants to the buyer and Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale to include but not limited to the following:
• Title of the animal, free from all claims of ownership
• Sound of limb, eyes, and wind
• Not a cribber or wind sucker
- By Consignment to Diamonds of the Desert Premier Horse Sale, Consignor grants the EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO SELL the consignment subject to the above provisions and agrees to all terms and conditions.
- Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale does NOT allow substitutions or replacements once a horse has been consigned and entered online.
- Consignor agrees to not privately sell the consigned horse. To withdraw your original consigned horse from Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale, it must be injured or sick and must have a vet release and submit injury/sick video to waive the no sale/no show fee & retrieve registration papers.
19. Warranty: Animals that are rejected by the buyer because they are misrepresented in the ring will need to be inspected by Colby Gines. Colby will make the final determination whether there was misrepresentation. There is no implied warranty made by auctioneer or Sale Company as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any animal in the sale. The seller is the responsible party for all representations or warranties expressed or implied concerning the condition of any horse and buyers should satisfy themselves concerning the condition before purchasing. Consignors will not refund money because of human/animal personality conflicts. However, consignors are usually willing to trade horses with buyers. Once again, buyers need to do their homework well in advance of the sale to find the sale animal that best fits them.
20. Consignor’s Checks: All consignors’ checks will be written within 24 hours of sale date and made payable to owner listed on brand inspection then mailed.
21. Liability: Buyers, sellers, and spectators are cautioned to exercise care while attending the sale and enter premises at their own risk according to the laws of the State of Nevada. Neither the owners nor any other persons connected with this sale assume any liability, legal or otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale. Colby & Codi Gines, Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale Committee, MM Auction Services, LLC; its principals, directors, officers, agents, employees and volunteers, and each and every landowner, municipal and/or government agency upon whose property this activity is conducted, shall not be liable for injuries sustained by anyone attending the Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale. MM Auction Services, LLC & its associates act as agents only and are not responsible for buyer/seller error or misunderstanding. All guarantees are strictly between the buyer and seller. Original Papers must be provided by the seller to MM Auction Services, LLC in order for any horse to be sold as a registered horse. In further consideration of this consignment, I agree to indemnify and defend MM Auction Services, LLC, Colby & Codi Gines, their agents and associates, from all injury, loss of equipment, loss of animal or damages to myself, my animals or damages or injury to others lien property from my animals, by entering this horse sale in Las Vegas, Nevada. I verify that all photos submitted to Diamonds in the Desert Premier Horse Sale, MM Auction Services LLC, have full permission to be used for advertising and are free and clear from all photography copyright laws. The undersigned by executing this instrument delivers said property to MM Auction Services, LLC and declares themselves owner or legal agent and authorizes the sale thereof at public auction for his/her account according to its usual custom and represents the consignment is clear of all encumbrances unless listed above and may be legally sold. I verify that I have read the above information in full and hereby agree to be bound by them.